Why Choose Construction Management (CM)?
Throughout the design and construction process, a construction management firm like Key Builders will be a partner, working in a collaborative process with the owner and in a spirit of teamwork with the architect and contractors.
For both owners and architects, the benefits of partnering with a construction management company are many:
Get more options and greater freedom
- A construction management firm is selected on the basis of professional experience, reputation, technical expertise, and value added to the project.
- Through the construction management firm, the owner and architect participate in the selection of subcontractors based on their qualifications and preference on price.
- Our construction management process is designed to provide a lower total project cost over the life of the building.
- The construction management firm’s fee is transparent to the owner and is fixed early in the process. This fee is negotiated with the owner and is based on the total constructed value of the project.
- The construction management firm can contain project costs through value engineering and by evaluating the feasibility of construction designs, ensuring the quality of work, and keeping the project on time.
- Thanks to efficiencies throughout the process and a sense of teamwork across all stakeholders, it is possible to streamline the design and construction phases so work is completed sooner than during the traditional design-bid-build process.
- A streamlined workflow and people working together as a team mean that owners, architects, and contractors experience fewer headaches during the project and have to dedicate less of their own valuable time to resolving problems and conflicts during the project.
- This means you can be in your building faster with the design-bid-build process.
Experience exceptional relationships
- Construction management firms work with the owner and architect in a collaborative relationship and focus on meeting their needs.
- By the very nature of the relationship, construction management firms have a special duty of loyalty to the owner and must act in good faith to the owner’s interests.
Always on your side, the construction management firm is an advocate for the owner
- We work with the owner and architect during the design process to help evaluate and select the best subcontractors.
- We oversee the quality and performance of the work to ensure that it is performed to the owner’s requirements and standards.
The construction management firm provides strong project management by:
- managing project scope, ensuring the work is done in accordance with the architect’s drawings, specifications, and contract documents
- managing project costs, ensuring the project budget is achieved
- managing project schedule, ensuring work in completed in accordance with the owner’s requirements
- managing technical and financial risks, ensuring the functionality of the project and limiting the owner’s exposure to various commercial liabilities
- managing project quality, ensuring the work is done right the first time and that it is in compliance with the design criteria
- managing project safety, ensuring the work complies with all legally mandated safety requirements